Friday, January 1, 2010

My favorite brownies!


How is it, that I've never posted my favorite brownie recipe on here. I'm in shock, I can't believe it. I mean these are the staple of junk food around here. We can polish off a 8x8 pan with ice cream in one night. The whole family helps of course. If I make enough for the next day, we eat them for breakfast lol.

Well we made some again tonight. I showed my niece how to make the best brownies EVER!!


Fudgie Brownies from Jennifer Dugan’s kitchen
½ c. marg
½ c. cocoa
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
½ c. flour
¼ t. salt
½ c. chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 and grease 8x8x2 pan.
In a saucepan melt the marg. Removed from heat and add cocoa, stir until well blended. Add sugar & mix well. Add eggs, slowly one at a time and beat well. Add vanilla, flour and salt. DO NOT OVERBEAT. Fold in the nuts.

Bake 325 for 25-30 min, till knife comes out clean. Doubles well into a 9x13 pan.

Alternate options: use peanut butter, milk chocolate, mint or vanilla chips when you add the nuts. These are really fudgey brownies and super good!

1 comment:

Le-Teisha said...

I can't wait to make some tonight. I'll let you know how it works out, thanks for sharing.