Saturday, March 15, 2008

It's almost Spring YAY!

This adorable outfit was made by my mom for Abigail. I think it is just the cutest. It has a matching diaper cover (the underware type things).
It fit her perfectly, with a little room to grow.

Well I'm finally posting some more photos, it's been kinda busy around here.

Abigail turned 5 weeks old on Thursday and has been very busy growing. I weighed her yesterday and had to do it twice because I was afraid I read the scale wrong lol. She weighs 13 lbs 2 oz. At her doc appt on the 11th she was 11 lbs 8 oz. So over 2 lbs in 3 days, WOW! And she's been eating LOTS, so that makes me busier. I'm good at multi tasking, but carrying a baby around with one arm, gets tough lol.

We are planning our gardening as well. I finally get to plant flowers around the house. I'm sooo excited. This is the first year I've actually been able to use my flower beds for real flowers. Now I had some stuff in them, but didn't plant much in there, cause we had to do the siding, and windows, and roof and eaves. It didn't make much sense to me to plant flowers that I KNEW would get trampled, soo I waited and planted very little. BUT this year, we can fix up our beds and over flow them. We also have the greenhouse which we will be using. I will get some seeds started and have a potted garden this year. We don't have a garden dug, so I will be saving pots to plant in. I've never used a greenhouse before, so this is new, and exciting. If you have any suggestions, send them my way. We have a heater in there, a thermometer and a sun roof to open for air. So now we just get to have fun! I love gardening, so I am very excited, so are the kids. Amberlin is already planning her little garden, I'm not sure where it will be yet, but she's planning in none the less. I know we will have some tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, some various melons and squash. I'm also starting various flower seeds. Our goal is to have a year round garden in our green house. Rather than plant a huge garden and can a ton, we'll plant less and have fresh year round.



I remember having a garden while growing up and eating the fresh green beans off the vines. Mark was raised with huge gardens and his mom taught me how to can and make jams and such. We just don't have the huge garden here. I can't wait to get my flowers and vegis planted.



Well she is starting to squeak, so I gotta run. Enjoy the photos.

No comments: