Wednesday, August 27, 2008

School has begun!



Well we had a wonderful weekend. We packed up and went to Ohio to welcome home my brothers. We left Friday morning and got back very late on Sunday. It was a very full but very fun weekend. Of course we had to take lots of pictures. I've posted some on here, but for more, you can go to my myspace page. If your not a friend and want to be, send me an email.


In addition to the party, we camped at my SIL's parents home. Her mom is awsome!! We got together and had a hot dog roast, and breakfast together. Of course since we were all there (except for a last minute car trouble cancellation) we had to get family photos. The last time this will happen I should add, way to much trouble in getting us all in the same spot at once. It still didn't happen since one sibling couldn't make it. But anywho we got what we could. Some of us went to Dawes and got some really great photos. School pictures for us, much cheaper than professional and still look great (better I think)



So now we are back home, mostly unpacked and today is our first day of school. First order of business is downloading our homeschool tracker program. I know, I'm not very prepared but I have good reason. I switched computers and it was on the old one. So I downloaded it onto my laptop. For those who have no clue what I'm talking about, if you homeschool it's a HUGE help. It's a scheduler and helps you keep track of lessons, grades and reminds you what your suppose to be doing. Best of all, It's free!




There is a plus edition that offers more valuable features, for I believe $49. I've found the free edition to have enough for me, but many have found the plus edition to be even better. Check it out if you homeschool.



This year we are getting on a schedule to help us keep on track. I am attempting to turn us into morning people. Hubby used to be on a night time job, so now matter how hard I tried during the week, we stayed up late, so I gave up. Now he's back to a morning job, so we are finally going to adjust. We are using A Beka for math, Rod and Staff for Phonics, English, Reading and Spelling, Discover Science by Scott-Foresman for Science and the kids get music as well. This is the first year I've actually bought a curriculum, so we are pretty excited to use it.


So here are a few pictures from our weekend, with more on myspace.



Getting everyone to look at the same camera at the same time was quite a feat. I don't think we actually got a perfect one, but oh well.


No comments: