Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Home made French toast sticks..

I tried something new. Since I had some overly browned home made bread last week, I made them into french toast sticks. They are super easy to make and freeze for later breakfast.

We have french toast for breakfast, so I made some extra dipping mix. Milk, eggs, salt, pepper and some cinnamon is all I use. I took the loaf and sliced it into 1" thick slices. Than I cut each piece (several at a time) into 3 sticks each. I coated them and instead of frying them, I put them on a buttered cookie sheet and baked them. YES I baked them at 400 degrees for oh about 10 minutes I think. I turned them once to brown both sides nicely. When they were nice and toasty I pulled them out, let them cool and threw them into a bag and into the freezer. When we were ready to use them the next day, I spread them on a pan and warmed them in an oven. The kids loved the finger food. A little syrup or fruit in a cup was all they needed.

No comments: