Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The BEST fried chicken! EVER!!

WOW, I can't believe how good that was. I'm not a good chicken fryer. I try, but it just turns out so-so. Of course no one complains, but I want to make THE BEST.. Well I was told that Amish fried chicken is the best, so I did a search and they were right. Here is the recipe I used tonight, and it was DELICIOUS!! It was easy too and that makes it even better.

I omitted the majoram because I didn't have any and I used olive oil and butter. I was surprised at how much pepper it called for, but now I know what was missing in mine....

Try it and ENJOY.. It's finger lickin good..


Amish Fried Chicken Recipe
Ingredients:
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
10 pieces of chicken

Directions:
1. Place oil and butter in a shallow cooking pan and place in 375ºF oven to melt butter, set aside.
2. In a large paper sack, combine dry ingredients.
3. Roll the chicken pieces, 3 at a time, in butter and oil then drop into a sack and shake to cover.
4. Place on a plate until all pieces are coated.
5. Leave any excess butter and oil in pan.
6. Place chicken in the pan skin side down (or its just as good if you remove all the skin first).
7. Bake at 375ºF for 45 minutes.
8. Turn chicken pieces over and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until crust begins to bubble.

http://www.amishrecipes.net/recipes.php/3/Amish-Fried-Chicken/Chicken/

I made this with some potatoes. I cut some red potatoes into bit size pieces. Put them in my stone casserole dish. Added a few tabs of butter, salt, pepper, oil and water. I stirred it together, covered it and put it in the oven with the chicken. It was done at about the same time..

Simple dinner, I like it!

No comments: