Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Cornbread chicken pot pie..



** I found I have two post that were never published.. from 2018.  So here they are!! **

Ok, so I kinda made up this recipe, but adapted it from several ideas. Either it was really good, or everyone was really hungry, because the pan was practically licked clean.


I start almost EVERY recipe with sauteed onions, garlic and mushrooms.  No I don't measure, just use bacon grease or butter and cook them up!






I then added some fresh peeled and cubed carrots and potatoes, as well as leftover chicken!
You can easily replace the leftover chicken with canned chicken or any cooked meat.

Simmer with some cream of mushroom soup and broth until they are almost cooked and it thickens a bit.  I use Progresso GF Cream of Mushroom soup but you can use which ever your go to is.







Pour into your favorite casserole.  I feel deeper dish is better, but as long as it fits, it should work.

I topped with our corn bread recipe (posted below).  You can use a box mix or make it from scratch.  Aldi has a GF corn bread mix as well!

Bake @ 400  until the bread is cooked. 





.












No comments: