Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Have flour?? Make bread!!!

I am pulling up an old favorite!!  I think it may come in handy in the coming months for many.

How to make homemade White Bread!!

I personally use bread flour, however if you only have All purpose I strongly recommend at least sifting it.  If you don't have a 'real' sifter, use a strainer with small holes or whatever you have on hand to help loosen up any clumps!

I use a basic bread recipe for many things:

*Pizza (add less flour for a thinner crust)
*Rolls (make balls and raise them in a muffin pan or on a cookie sheet)
*Cinnamon rolls (that is shown in the link below)
*Cinnamon raisin bread
*Of course loaves of white bread.

This is my recipe:  I find it is very similar if not the same as many recipes I find related to Amish breads.

2 1/2 c. hot to touch water
2 T (or 1 pkg) dry yeast
2T sugar
2t salt
1/4c. oil
3 c. flour

Step by steps instructions are on my post from 2007 (back when I was not allergic to cinnamon.. sigh!!)

Homemade White bread

Enjoy!!

No comments: