Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Winter Blaaaaaaas....

I know we still have a month or so to go, but this year the winter is really bumming me out. I guess maybe because I'm stuck in the house more. I mean last winter I was very pregnant and going out to the doctor all the time it seemed. This year I have no appointments. In an effort to save gas and not have to cart all 4 kids out, we've condensed alot of activities. On Monday nights when our kids have their music, they alot of times ride with their Aunt (who lives around the corner). I really like to go and get out, but dragging 4 kids, just is daunting. Only the older 2 have a class, so that leaves the younger 2 to run in circles and be board lol. David is the biggest challenge. At 3 1/2 he's not to keen on sitting still and being quiet. Now Abigail (who will be a year old on Sat!!!) is very mobile and has learned there is a door she can run thru... I go when I can, and miss it when I don't.

So our shopping day is our only day out, really. Thankfully my nieces live close, so I can leave some or all of the kids with them to go shopping. It doesn't always work out that way, but when it does, it's a HUGE relief. Have you taken a 3 yr old into a store? YIKES. He just has to much energy for me. If it was just him, I wouldn't be so crazy, but with Abigail, who is not sure she likes the cart anymore...... I'm not complaining about having 4 kids, don't get me wrong. I wouldn't trade them for anything, (but maybe more sleep?? just kidding) but being that we homeschool, I need a break at least once in a while LOL. So I can't wait for summer. I can sit on the patio and watch them run off some energy. They seem to think the house is a gym and the couch is a jungle gym. I can't blame them really, they are kids.......

OK, so enough complaining....

Is it Spring yet???

Well we got our first bill since putting in the Geo-thermal. Of course it was for the move previous, so we know how much we hope to save. Our Gas and electric together was $525, yikes... They came by yesterday and read the meter, so we will see how it works out. They estimated it last month. I'm not sure if that means they will give us a refund or what, ha I know, probably not... But I am anxious to see the difference..

So we are back into the singles and teens for temps around here. It's 10 degrees right now. BRR. It got down to singles over night.

Well I better go dig something out for supper. I'm thinking pork chops and rice maybe??? Hmm you think I could bring the grill inside?? lol, no I'll wait till it's warmer outside. I know it's on our patio and I COULD use it, but I would freeze....

sigh

Is it spring yet??

No comments: