Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Meatballs

Home made of course.

2 parts burger to 1 part sausage.
Chopped onion (not too much, about 1 onion to 3 lbs of meat)
Chopped garlic (I used 2 large cloves to 3 lbs of meat)
Salt and pepper

Mix it up in your mixer and roll into balls. I made mine I'm guessing I used about 1/4c of mix each. They end up being the size of a plum.

I put them on my oiled stone and baked them at 350 till they were cooked thru, but not to brown.

We put them on top of some noodles and sauce. They were really good. I had some extra mix, so I baked and froze them for later use.

YUM


If you think sausage cost to much, look again. I can very often find a 1 lb log of sausage for $2 at our local grocery store. Burger is at least, if not close to that. So get some sausage to add some extra yumminess to it. Some store mixed breakfast sausage works great too. A great thing to make and freeze for later. David LOVED being able to helped roll the balls.

No comments: