Saturday, June 27, 2009

PB&J cookies!!!

If you've read my blog much, than you know I love making up recipes and trying new ones.. Well a few comments on facebook prompted this one. I was making peanut butter cookies anyhow and decided to try making them into PB&J..

I just made the usual peanut butter recipe and than make a hole with my thumb and added a glob of strawberry jelly. I cooked them like regular ones and they worked just fine. The only down side is, you can eat them hot like PB cookies, HOT jelly is REALLY HOT lol.. So try it, everyone seemed to like them..

Oh the kids think there wasn't enought jelly lol. Because once you cook them the cookie spreads and the jelly melts in a little lol. Amber suggests adding more after you pull them out of the oven. I'm thinking we'll just make a bigger hole or something...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I'm going to try these. Oh the things that can come about when I read too fast. LOL!

Allison

Jen said...

LOL, yes thanks for reading to fast and giving me a new idea lol... they were even good the next day...