Saturday, September 12, 2009

Food products that are Dairy free, egg free, soy free, Oat free

I'm going to collect the names of the brands and mixes, broths, and well everything I find that I've found I can use in cooking and baking..

Since Abigail is allergic to Milk, Soy, Egg and Oats and fish, they will all be free of these items.

I do use rice milk instead of milk, bananas, apple sauce or PB instead of Marg and Canola oil instead of Veg oil and melted marg. I'll list any other substitutions I use as well. I will just keep adding to this list as I find more.



Baking Mixes:

Meijer Naturals, Vanilla all natural cake mix: I use 1 -2 mashed bananas instead of melted butter. Made them into cupcakes for a breakfast muffin for her.

Bisquick HEART SMART Pancake and Baking Mix: (WATCH the labels, the regular one contains soy? I believe)


Canned products:

Spartan ready to serve Beef broth: (NOT the chicken, it does contain soy)

Panner (Save-A-Lot brand) Peanut butter: NOTE: Jiff, Peter Pan, Wal-Mart brand and every other one i've looked at contains soybean oil)

Snack foods:

Enjoy Life brand cookies and snacks (Meijer carries a small selection, our local health food store carries a larger variety, or you can find Enjoylifefoods online).

Better Made Special Potato Chips: it's a off brand I find at Wal-Mart and a few other stores. I know the plain flavor are fine, not sure if there are flavors or not.

Gummy candies, so far all the brands I've seen are fine. BUT watch the labels, some may use some form of soybean oil.

Marshmallows, store brand and name brands seem to be fine

Hershey's Syrup (ONLY Hershey brand, the store brands all seem to have dairy in it)

Meijer Sourdough nuggets pretzels (NOT all of their kinds are soy free, read your label)

Cereal:

Rice and Corn Chex: Great Value (Wal-Mart) and General Mills brand are both fine.

Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheat's: (I know the frosting would make you think it's got dairy, but it doesn't)

Cream of Wheat

Ralston 100% Wheat Hot Cereal

Kellogg's Rice Crispies

Kellogg's Raisin Bran

Sauces:

Di Campania Classico Pasta Sauce: Traditional Sweet Basil & Roasted Garlic are both fine ( I find these at Meijer)



No comments: