Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I found some awsome sites for baking!!

Ok, so i'm always on the hunt for new recipes to try. Esp since we have food allergies to deal with. If I can make a 'convenience' food, homemade I'm SO happy!!!

So I was just searching for cream of mush soup. I've made it of sorts in my pork roast. Just used a can of mush and flour and water, but what if I want it for other recipes and what about cream of celery, chicken etc. well, I FOUND A RECIPE for ALL of them.. YAY!!!!

I'm SO excited, having a recipe means I can substitute milks and butters for Abigail friendly foods. Here is the link and I copied and pasted it below.

Ingredients (recipe is equal to 1 can)

BASE RECIPE
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pinch pepper (optional)

CREAM OF CHICKEN
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning or sage
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth (I use homemade)
1/2 cup milk

CREAM OF CELERY
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 tablespoon diced onion
1 cup milk

CREAM OF MUSHROOM
1/4 cup chopped mushroom
1 tablespoon onion
1 cup milk

TOMATO SOUP
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon onion salt
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 cup tomato juice

CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions
1In a pan over medium heat, melt butter and saute veggies (if using).
2Whisk in flour, salt, and spices (if using).
3Let cook 1 minute, stirring often; slowly add liquid(s). Whisk continually until bubbly and thick. (If making cheese soup, stir in cheese here).

No comments: