Friday, December 4, 2009

The snow has arrived!

My kids have been looking forward to snow since, well since summer lol.. So when they seen less than 1/2" on the ground before bed last night, they made plans to get up early and go out and play. As I put David to bed last night he told me..

"Mom, when I get up, I'm going to get dressed and get my breakfast and go outside and make a snow angel" lol.

So here's the conversations that went on this morning when they woke up. So much for Yahoo's prediction of less than one inch accumulation over night..

Marky "this is the BEST DAY EVER!!"

David "Abigail, look there's snow outside"
Abigail " Uh-huh, I see snow"

They rushed thru breakfast and getting dressed. David didn't even need the usual "encouragement" to get dressed. They were outside around 10 am, a record for even being dressed (we homeschoolers don't hop out of bed as early as the rest of you, and can do school in PJ's lol)

Here are a few pictures I snapped this morning..







The first time she wore her snow pants, the was SO happy to put them on and they looked quite funny going almost clear up to her arm pits.


Pretty in Pink





Sled rides YAY




His first snow angel of the season.



The pond on our patio in under there somewhere

And of course we had to have some warm hot cocoa when we came in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your children are so sweet, how nice to see them enjoying the snow!