Friday, January 18, 2008

A quick recipe! Meatloaf patties

I put some meatloaf patties in the freezer yesterday. Of course we had some for dinner too. I thought I would share this simple recipes. It's really good too.

Make your basic meatloaf recipe.

Burger and/or sausage
chopped onion
chopped peppers
salt, pepper, oregano, basil or other seasonings

Crackers
Eggs.

Mix together and instead of putting it into a pan, make them into burger size patties. Put them in a pan with some hot grease and brown the outside, than add a can of cream of mushroom soup and some water. Simmer until the patties are done. Mmmmm.

You now have gravy to go with your potatoes, noodles or even rice. My kids love these.

I made them up and froze them raw. Well I put them on a plate and froze them separate, than put them together in a vacuum packed bag. Freezing them first keeps them from sticking together, and than you don't have to use wax paper and later try to pry them apart. You just throw them in the pan. So we now have ready to made meatloaf patties in the freezer. I also do this with meatloaf. I actually freeze it in the pan (after I coat it with oil). Than once it's frozen put it in some warm water to loosen the edges, then I put it in a bag and vacuum it. This means when we want meatloaf, all I have to is put it in the pan, cover it and throw it in the oven. Much better than waiting for it to thaw to form first.

So there's another great recipe. Now I have to finish sewing Amber's skirt.

JenD

No comments: