Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What's for lunch?

When I was visiting my inlaws a month or so back ( I see them all the time really!), we were there for lunch time and we were all having sandwiches. Well I have to tell you how they made these, because since than, I can't get enough of them. I LOVE lunchmeat sandwiches. Turkey, Ham and cheese are my favorites. So any variation on them are worth trying for me. Here's what they did.

First they had some really good bread YUM! I'm not sure what kind it was, but it was long like a french bread but really soft, not to sweet, but sweeter than regular bread. Anyhow it was good. I've used regular wheat since and it works, but the other was better.

SO separate your bread, or just get 2 pieces, butter each side and toast it in the oven. I use a regular oven at like 350, just until the butter is melted. If you have a broiler , that would work too.

After it's toasted, place on one side your meat and cheese. I like to use a variety of cheese and meat. Muenster, Cheddar and Provolone are my fav's. Ham, turkey, roast beef, corned beef and even the salamis if you like. Put it back in the oven and toast untill the cheese is melted and than bring it out.

Mayonaise, mustard, lettuce and tomatoes go on now, add your top and YUM! Enjoy.

Jen

No comments: